As anticipated, much has happened in the last several days regarding the spread of the Coronavirus and the proactive steps that many are taking to mitigate exposure.
As most of you have undoubtedly heard, there have been several confirmed cases across the country. Many businesses have non-essential travel bans put in place and multiple conferences across the country have been canceled. Please note, medical experts continue to state that the vast majority of cases are mild with symptoms similar to the flu. However, those who have pre-existing respiratory health conditions, or who are older, should definitely take additional precautions as they are at the highest risk.
There is no doubt that Nelbud will be impacted in some way by the coronavirus but there is also no doubt that I am going to navigate Nelbud through it. I have dealt with serious situations in the past and I am asking you to trust and rely on me and the leaders of the company as we work through the next 60-90 days.
We are putting additional measures in place at Nelbud to help keep you as healthy as possible and will be in touch with all Supervisors of Nelbud:
- We are working hard to combat the uncertainty and want to do our part to help stop the spread of the disease. We are working on Food Assistance Programs, Child Care support, and Payroll Assurance programs. We are in touch with all Senior Managers, Directors, Area Managers, and Supervisors about the cleaning expectations at our own facilities and every customer facility.
- We ask that you put specific cleaning times on your calendars. Please take these scheduled activities seriously and spend 10-15 min cleaning your area, your cell phones, and any additional space around you. We all need to do our part to stop the spread of Covid19
- Thoroughly wipe down, clean, and disinfect surfaces that need to be cleaned include: Cell Phones, vehicles (steering wheels, door handles, radios, etc) cleaning equipment (pressure washing wands, triggers, chemical sprayers, hoses, etc), Ipads, portfolio binders, door handles/knobs, desks, water coolers, clipboards, copiers, etc
- We are also asking that you refrain from bringing non-business related guests into any of our locations. We understand this might cause some disruption with scheduling. If this is an issue for you please see your manager.
The bottom line is that we need everyone to do their part and focus on the simple things that will keep us all safe and healthy:
- For meetings and greetings NO – handshakes, high fives, hugs or fist pumps (sorry!)
- Wash your hands often using soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Wash and sanitize your hands before eating
- Avoid touching your mouth, nose or eyes
- Avoid contact with people who are sick
- Cover your mouth when you sneeze or cough
- Keep your surroundings clean and sanitize and disinfect often
- If you feel you may have been exposed to Covid19 please seek help from a medical professional
- If you are diagnosed with Covid19 by a medical professional, please notify your supervisor immediately so that we can discuss next steps.
- If while onsite at a customer or Nelbud facility and you feel you may have been exposed to Covid19 please seek help from a medical professional and call your supervisor immediately for guidance on next steps.
At this time, we are running our business as usual. Please know that we are closely monitoring the situation and are prepared to pivot at any time. Please be confident that in the event that we need to, we are prepared to make adjustments internally, as well as with our external partners, to ensure that we continue to keep you safe and service our customers with as little disruption as possible.
As always, we will continue to monitor this situation and send weekly updates and information as it becomes available.
Please reach to your supervisor or a member of our HR team directly with any questions regarding the coronavirus.
Michael Crafton, CEO