STATE REOPEN GUIDELINES
NELBUD STATUS: ACTIVE FULL SERVICE NATIONWIDE
Nelbud is conducting business as usual at this time
Nelbud is deeply committed to the health and safety of our employees, customers, and communities. Like you, we are actively navigating this unprecedented situation as it develops. In an effort to provide critical tools and resources to our employees, customers, and communities, our leadership team has launched this response page, which will be kept updated with links, tools, and additional resources as they become available.
WHAT IS NELBUD DOING?
- Nelbud is following all local and state health departments to ensure we are complying with the appropriate local guidelines to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.
- We are committed to notifying our employees and customers of any changing circumstances, material service delivery concerns, item availability issues, operational changes, etc.
- We are educating staff members who are performing cleaning, inspection, repair, and waste pick-up activities to recognize the symptoms of COVID-19 and provide instructions on what to do if they develop symptoms within 14 days after their last possible exposure to the virus.
- At a minimum, we have instructed our staff to immediately notify their supervisor if they develop symptoms of COVID-19.
- We are continuously re-training our staff on proper PPE use. This training includes:
- When to use PPE; what PPE is necessary; how to properly put on, use, and take off PPE; how to properly dispose of or disinfect, inspect for damage, and maintain PPE; and the limitations of PPE.
- We are continuing to deploy reliable fact-based communication regarding the spread of the virus with our staff
- Providing ongoing training for supervisors on proper cleaning and hygiene techniques
- Maintaining strict hand washing and personal hygiene guidelines at all times
- Cleaning and sanitizing our equipment and workspaces thoroughly and regularly
- Reinforcing heightened protocol on all of our sanitation efforts
- Ensuring that team members adhere to our sick leave policies
- Refreshing emergency protocols to ensure prompt and effective response to emergency situations
- Working closely with our suppliers to maintain the flow of product or to find alternates where supplies may be limited. Thus far, our key suppliers have not notified us of any large scale fulfillment issues, but that is subject to change at any moment.
WHAT IS CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19)?
The 2019 novel Coronavirus (“COVID-19” or “Coronavirus”) is a virus that is closely related to the SARS and MERS viruses that have caused outbreaks in the past. Symptoms of COVID-19 include fever, runny nose, cough and trouble breathing. Most people develop only mild symptoms. But some, usually people with other medical complications, develop more severe symptoms, including pneumonia, which can be fatal. The incubation period for COVID-19 varies between 2 and 14 days.
HOW IS THE VIRUS SPREAD?
According to the CDC, the virus is thought to spread mainly from person to person, between people who are in close contact with one another (within about six feet), or through respiratory droplets produced when an infected person coughs or sneezes. These droplets can land in the mouths or noses of people who are nearby, or possibly be inhaled into the lungs.
It may also be possible for a person to contract COVID-19 by touching a surface or object that has been contaminated with the virus and then touching his or her own mouth, nose, or eyes, but this is not thought to be the main way the virus spreads.
People are thought to be most contagious when they are most symptomatic. Some spread might be possible before people show symptoms, and there have been reports of this occurring, but this is not thought to be the main way the virus spreads.
Covid 19 Safety Tips
What Can You Do?
• Wash hands thoroughly before eating and drinking
• Avoid touching their face
• Cover mouth and nose when they cough or sneeze
• Stay home if they do not feel well
• Continuously clean and disinfect their workspaces
Surfaces That Need Cleaned
• Technology: Cell Phones, ipads, portfolio binders, tablets, etc
• Door handles/knobs, desks, water coolers, clipboards, copiers, etc
• Vehicles: steering wheels, door handles, radios, etc
• Cleaning equipment: pressure washing wands, triggers, chemical sprayers, hoses, etc
• Work areas: kitchen surfaces, fire extinguishers, alarm panels, riser rooms, grease traps, etc